Monday 5 December 2016

2016: A Year In The Life.

2016. A strange year, huh?
So many ups and downs for everyone. This year, the world lost a multitude of stars (I'm beginning to sound like Javert, aren't I?)
  • Alan Rickman
  • David Bowie
  • every Gen Y and Z male is going to hate me if I don't mention Harambe.
  • Prince
  • Muhammad Ali
  • Gene Wilder
  • Charmian Carr (With "Sound Of Music" being one of my favourite musicals since childhood, this one was one of the hardest to hear. RIP Liesl, our favourite blue-eyed sixteen year-old)
  • Leonard Cohen
  • Florence Henderson (RIP Carol Brady!)
It's been a year of ups and downs for even myself.
  • Did my first RAW showcase
  • Took a trip to Brisbane to see "Les Misérables" for a second time before it ended
  • Took two trips to Melbourne, in which on one I saw the "Matilda" stage show
  • Saw two more stage shows in Adelaide, "Machu Picchu" and "Sound Of Music". Reviews for "Les Misérables" and "Sound Of Music" are on my blog.
  • Turned twenty-two
  • Didn't perform for the first year since I was six (2000)
  • Went on my first overseas trip, to Bali, which I somewhat enjoyed but I'm not in a hurry to go back.
  • My dad had a heart attack (everything's okay now, but it was terrifying at the time!)
  • I think I've been on seven first internet dates
  • Was booked for a second and third showcase
  • Left the job I'd been working for almost seven years
  • Moved to Adelaide for a job that ultimately didn't work out.
  • Saw Delta Goodrem live (I'd seen her before, on her first national tour in 2005 so it was great to see how her career has grown in all these years and it was lovely to see her revisit some of her popular songs from early on in her career.
  • Netflixed. A lot. I'm a late-to-the-party "Gilmore Girls" fan and checked out the revival the MOMENT it was released. I still have lots of questions and I'm keen for discussions.
    Also, the title of this blog is totally named after the revival.
Best films of 2016:
  1. Me Before You
  2. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
  3. Better Off Single
  4. Dr. Strange
  5. Inferno
  6. Sisters
  7. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
All negativity aside, let's all hope 2017 is an emotionally better year and one of opportunity for everyone!

Have a wonderful day and stay classy, kids!
Little Ti out!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment