Sunday 10 May 2015

(Slightly Crazy) Feminist Rant #1: Apparently Women Can't Have A Sense Of Humour!

Hello, pretty people!
So, a while ago, I hated the label 'feminist'.
When I thought of feminists, I thought of half-dressed women violently protesting in the streets, bra-burning all that kind of stuff. But then I realised the term 'feminist' just meant one thing: wanting equal rights for women. There are plenty of men out there (my idiot teen-aged brother included) who say they hate feminists, only because they haven't made the effort to research the simple definition, which I find just makes them ignorant.
That being said, there have been three issues throughout the next few posts that have been bothering me. My first one to address is

Wippa's comment stating that women being funny is 'unladylike'.

On the 9th of April (which is a month ago now, but it still pisses me off enough to write about it now) Michael "Wippa" Wipfli, of the popular Australian radio show "Fitzy and Wippa" stated that, and I quote, "If you find the girl who's the loud, funny one in the pub, guys aren't into you. Not very ladylike. Don't be funny around guys" (I actually researched the situation and found the quote at www.mamamia.com.au). Ryan "Fitzy" Fitzgerald actually tried to shut him down.

I, myself, wouldn't say I'm funny, but I do have a cheeky sense of humour, and I can be a little on the louder side, after a drink or two. I also love a good discussion with a man, particularly when it comes to pop culture.

I also wouldn't call myself a dating expert, as I am currently single, but I did find on three different sites that most men do find a woman with a sense of humour attractive:

7 TOP QUALITIES MEN FIND ATTRACTIVE IN WOMEN:
1. Great personality (getting warmer...)
2. Good sense of humour (BAM!)
3, Reliability
4. Good listener
5. Be un-materialistic
6. Capabilities and independence
7. Physical appearance

and this other one was from a forum

DO MEN FIND INTELLIGENT AND FUNNY WOMEN ATTRACTIVE?
This was a public forum question, that gained around 30 responses. Most of them said 'yes'. My favourite answer? "Some men feel threatened by a funny and intelligent woman, but they belong in the 50's."
He also goes on to say that he has been laughed into bed in the past.

5 REASONS WHY FUNNY WOMEN ARE SEXY
1. It's disarming (being put off your game is a huge turn on. I guess it's like having a 'see what I did there?' moment.
2. Down for whatever (may not mean sexually, it just may mean they might be more adventurous)
3. Laughter mimics sex (if you're laughing hard, you often get flushed, breaths are more shallow and you lose control of your body - in a good way. From here, I'll just leave this to the imagination)
4. Banter (it makes someone want to have a conversation with you)
5. More comfortable (I guess it's easy to get along with someone who has a similar sense of humour to you)

My verdict: Women with a sense of humour can be attractive. Bite me, Wippa.




2 comments: